Leaders Engaged on Alzheimer’s Disease (LEAD Coalition) is a national coalition whose mission is to mobilize an engaged network of collaborating organizations to focus the nation’s attention on Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia and to accelerate transformational progress in:
- Care and support to enrich the quality of life of individuals with dementia and their caregivers;
- Detection and diagnosis; and
- Research leading to the prevention, effective treatment, and eventual cures.
- Ensuring an ongoing national commitment to implement the National Plan to Address Alzheimer’s Disease created under the National Alzheimer’s Project Act (NAPA).
- Increasing federal funding for research on Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
- Accelerating innovation to detect, prevent, treat and cure dementia, including more efficient review processes under the U.S. Food and Drugs Administration (FDA).
- Improving quality of life for people living with dementia and their families, by strengthening care and support services, stopping elder abuse, and ending both health disparities and stigma.
- Fixing the geriatric workforce shortage and enriching its dementia capability, while expanding access to evidence-based care and support resources for individuals with dementia and their families.